Trillion Award in Men's College Basketball

The award is created by a former Ohio State player.....

As I mentioned earlier, the Club Trillion National Player of the Year Belt is essentially only for walk-ons, because the only way to win it is to record the most trillions over the course of the season. For those who don’t know, a “trillion” occurs when a player gets into the game but doesn’t record any statistics, resulting in his box score reading one minute played followed by a bunch of zeros. (Note: it doesn’t actually matter how many minutes are played, only that the player records no stats.) When I was a walk-on at Ohio State, my goal each and every game I played in was to get a trillion, so when I graduated I decided to create an award to celebrate the walk-ons who contribute nothing to the games that they play in like I always used to do

For more info---

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/10133/introducing-the-club-trillion-national-player-of-the-year-belt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...