Aaron Rodgers- Motivator & Leader

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has a great article on Aaron Rodgers as a leader. Good stuff!!

Green Bay - Donald Driver was getting dressed for the game at St. Louis two years ago when Aaron Rodgers came over and handed him the game program.

"Read this," Rodgers said.

The article referred to Green Bay's veteran receiver being past his prime and too old to make any impact.
Driver, who has made a 13-year NFL career out of proving his detractors wrong, felt his blood boil. And then he caught four passes for 95 yards and a touchdown.

"That's something that I love about Aaron - he knows how much I love criticism," Driver said. "People tell me I can't do it; I prove them wrong. Soon after that at Detroit, I ended up winning the Gobbler. Pam Oliver said after the game something like, 'The old man does it again.'

"That was very, very motivating for Aaron to walk up to me and show me that. It was motivation to go out there and play at a high level. And he continues to push me now."

The Packers' elite quarterback is familiar with the power of motivation.

From the kids on the high school bus who said he'd never make it to the colleges and their rejection letters to the teams that passed on draft day to the boo-birds on Family Night. People said he couldn't run, was made of glass, couldn't rally in the fourth quarter and couldn't live up to the legacy of you-know-who.

He's used every one.

And now he finds ways to motivate his teammates.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rodgers-learns-52-ways-to-motivate-teammates-ep36nlo-134545253.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...