Todd Rudolf- Thanks

Extremely disappointing to hear Todd will not be with the Register-Mail. He will be with the paper in Macomb. With Beau Spencer now in Macomb, it seems like everyone who covered the Streaks girls basketball is going to Macomb. Both were great to work with, and both did a tremendous job.

Todd invested the time to do the job right. He definitely did his homework, usually he had info on upcoming games that I was unaware of. Most importantly he treated the games like high school games. Sometimes reporters work as if they are covering a pro game and can say things about the high school athletes performance that is inappropriate.

One of my highlights this summer was to spot Todd at the Sox vs. Cubs game. He was intelligently wearing his Sox gear but sitting next to a woman in Cubs gear- disappointing.

We will miss Todd covering our games. I hope the Register-Mail won't be going back to the good old days when I had to type up game notes and drive them down to the RM to give to rookie reporter Jay Redfern. Nothing against Jay, he was great to work with, but I don't want to have to drive down. We are fortunate to get great coverage of high sports in our community, I hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...