I was excited to learn more about a man who is mainly known for finding ways that we could use the peanut. It's a shame that George Washington Carver is mainly known for his innovation with the peanut. He was so much more. George Washington Carver was a man of influence and his influence spread past racial barriers.
"George Washington Carver" by John Perry is a book that shares wonderful insight about the journey of George Washington Carver, who was born into slavery, yet was able to climb to greatness. John Perry does an excellent job of keeping the readers attention by providing a smooth flow to his writing. He also allows the reader to know the good, the bad, and the ugly of George Washington Carver by sharing the personal, professional and racial struggles Carver faced while informing us of the great influence he had on many people. John Perry writings about George Washington Carver confirms that anyone who is born into difficulty circumstances can still achieve greatness. Perry also focused on the fact that Carver's faith in Christ was the reason that he was so passionate about studying what God gave us through creation. Overall Perry's writing on George Washington Carver was extremely insightful and I would recommend this book to others who would like to know more about influential African Americans.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
No comments:
Post a Comment