TOM THIBODEAU ON LIMITING FOULS ON DEFENSE


“You have to have a lot of concentration on body position. We want to play the ball well, with technique, but we’re not a passing lane, deny, steal, gamble-type team. So we play more body position-type defense. I think that helps. We try not to be reckless. I believe in pulling back your hands at the end, and when we challenge shots, we try to go straight up, straight down. I think your technique and your discipline is important, and studying, knowing your opponent — there’s a lot of guys that are great at utilizing shot fakes, both before and after the dribble — so knowing when you’re guarding those guys, at the end, not to reach in. …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...