Derrick Rose is an MVP not just because of his physical ability but by his mental approach.
What are some of the things important about handling an injury?
#1- What is the age of the athlete? The decision of whether to play or not play should not be the same process for a high school athlete vs. a pro athlete in the NBA play-offs. With high school athletes, it is probably different for a senior vs. a freshmen.
#2- What is the significance of the game in question? Again, an NBA Play-off game is significantly different than a regular season game. And with a high school athlete, it is different for a senior in State competition vs. a senior playing in the second game of the season.
#3- How does the athlete react immediately after hurting themselves and in the day after? Often with high school athletes the first time they sprain their ankle, they are in shock. Often a player is much slower coming back from their first ankle sprain than they will with a later injury. And with many athletes they tend to want people to know how much they are hurt. So the message to the trainer is- "this is terrible." So an athlete may give that message the day after and then want the trainer to get them ready to play on day 2. That makes it tough on the trainer.
Derrick Rose- "The swelling is down a little," Rose said. "There's still some in there. It hurts more on the inside but I'm fine. After I take the shot, I shouldn't feel anything. Hopefully, I can still perform.
"This one is minor. It takes a couple of days and it's fine. If it was broken, I'd be panicking. I'm just happy the trainers have been making sure I'm getting my treatment and it's coming along fine."
#4- How active does the athlete work to get back?
"It's getting better every day," Rose said. "I've been getting treatment on it the last couple of days. I've been coming in in the morning and again at night. Hopefully it will be ready. It's not broken, so I'm definitely playing."
From this description, it obvious that Rose is sending a message to his trainers that he will do whatever they ask of him. He is "working" to get better.
#5- Does an athlete sell the coach they are going to be able to give 100%?
"There are no excuses if you're still playing," Rose said. "If I was out there, I should've changed. I'm going to change some things. I didn't. If anything, I just missed shots. All my shots were short. I twisted my ankle but there are no excuses. Just legs and follow through. I have a lot of confidence in my shot. That game, I was just off."
Obviously Rose has sent a message that there are no excuses- if I play, I will get the job done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Team Basketball Gameseva
600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...
-
Cheerleaders in the uniforms of our armed services? Oh my. My peenie just went "woink..." Title: Celebrating Texan Spirit: Snickie...
-
900 x 900 px | 64.42 kB Slam Dunk Your Promotions: Creative Basketball Theme Promotional Gift Ideas : Promotional gifts have become a ...
-
1600 x 1000 px | 2.71 MB NBA All-Star Streetball Wallpaper: Where Urban Culture and Basketball Collide : The NBA All-Star Weekend is a...

No comments:
Post a Comment