Darnell Mayberry of NewsOK.com wrote a good piece on Kendrick Perkins joining the Oklahoma City Thunder. It also gave readers insight into his competitive character. I would like to share with you four characteristics of of the competitive:
1. They demonstrate the ability to motivate themselves.
Perkins, "Game time, I wake up with an attitude after my nap. I pick something about them that I just don't like. It's petty, but its just me and it kind of sticks with me the whole day...I might not like the way he walks on the court."
2. They demonstrate a relentless focus on executing their role.
Perkins, "Now, I feel like I got to come in and just be better than ever as far as being a defensive-minded player." Head Coach Scott Brooks, "Talking with him briefly, you cant tell that there's one agenda. And that is doing whatever it takes to help the team win." Nate Robinson adds, "He's going to do everything the coach asks. Set screens. Play hard. And he's not going to take crap from nobody."
3. They demonstrate a work ethic that is noticed by others.
Nate Robinson, "He's a hard worker. That's one thing I love about him."
4. They demonstrate their competitive character at all times.
Brooks sums it all up by stating, "He's a serious competitor that really wants to compete every night for his team."
No comments:
Post a Comment