3 QUALITIES THAT MAKE DERRICK ROSE A GREAT PG


After reading a recent article by K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune about Derrick Rose, I found three qualities that make him a great point guard.

1. Awareness. He understands his role and he is constantly aware of what his teammates need during the course of a game.

Thibodeau, "His instincts are incredible. What he has done a really good job of all season is pushing the ball and if someone hasn't had a shot in awhile or is struggling a little, he tries to create a situation where they can get a basket. It's his responsibility to run the team and recognize what's going on and what the matchups are. And when he's scoring, he's not always doing so on high-volume shots. He's taking open shots. And when the second defender comes, without hesitation, he's hitting the open man."

2. Floor General. He gives commands during the game that are in alignment with what Thibodeau wants.

Rose, "I think my floor game has improved a lot, I think me and Thibs are getting a connection where you just give me the ball. I'm used to being in situation and I call out plays.

3. Influence. He knows what he does and how he does it influences his teammates.

Rose, "I just see how how they're playing me. I always say just play aggressive. Playing aggressive doesn't always mean trying to shoot the ball. That's driving, making somebody commit to you and passing out. Luol had some great shots, open 3s. Me playing aggressive opened up everybody."

Korver, "You have to learn how to keep everybody else involved. When somebody has it going you have to know to feed that. He's not just driving to the basket with his head down. He reads what the game needs."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...