Responses to Bastardizing Basketball

My blog has a new record. In less than 24 hours of posting the article on "Bastardizing Basketball," this article surpassed all of the previous things posted. It had over 300 hits in less than 24 hours. Via email I received some interesting responses to this article. I have received over 20 emails from "system coaches" Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Nevada, Canada, California, and New York. Here is a sampling.




Amazing article!!!  Innovation and change are threatening to some people.  History books are filled with people who "bastardized" one profession or another and ended up creating something lasting and meaningful.  Just keep doing the things the way you are doing them.  Those with vision will appreciate it.
       Keith Spillett
       Lead Teacher/Girls Varsity Basketball Coach
       The Howard School


Evan: Yours is a classic, well thought out response with interesting research and historical perspective to the bastardizing of the game; about the best I've every read.  Most of us resist change and often only gain realistic perspective at later date.  Very well said Evan.
        Gary Smith, former coach at Redlands in California


Evan:  Well said!  Your blog-page is really well done, and I appreciated how you responded to the criticism about the system “bastardizing the game” in such a diplomatic and fact-oriented way.   There are indeed a lot of differing opinions on the “right way to play the game,” but I’ve always felt one of the most valid was John Wooden’s:  “Basketball is a game that was meant to be played FAST.” 
                     Doug Porter, Olivet Nazarene Univ.

Great response coach!  I really wish critics would explain exactly how the game of basketball is supposed to be played.  I don’t remember any football critics saying the “west coast” offense or the “spread” offense was basterdizing the game of football!!  Congrats on your past couple of wins, sounds like your Moline win was a big one!
        Nathan McSchooler, Dean of Students & Athletic Director & Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
        Valmeyer High School

Interesting as well that there is criticism for a program in the second year of playing this way and having such great success. Seems to me that success when doing something different tends to bring out the envy and jealousy perhaps of those who were anticipating failure. Keep it rolling coaches.
         Mike Curta, Eisenhower High School
         Geography Teacher / Boy's Basketball Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...