Dispatch Comment

Steve Tappa of the Dispatch made the following comment in his article, "Instead, the Rocks are now playing Geneseo Saturday for the top seed in the upcoming Geneseo-hosted 3A regional."

The Geneseo Regional will have Rocky, Galesburg, Geneseo, Sterling, and Dixon.

Seeding is not done until next week and I have not looked at all the teams and scores in depth to come to my own personal opinion but I think Mr.Tappa is jumping the gun on that statement...

Sterling beat Geneseo at Geneseo early in the year, then Geneseo beat Sterling at Sterling.
Rocky and Galesburg have split, both winning at home.
Rocky edged Sterling at Bloomington Tourney.
Galesburg has quality wins over Peoria ND, Peoria Central, and Maine South.

Obviously the Regional will have four teams with good records, but I think Mr.Tappa might want to do more homework before he awards the seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...