![]() |
| The Streaks happy with how things are going. |
Jamie Johnson had 11 rebounds and 5 o-rebs. Tai Peachey had 10 assists and 4 steals. In the first half the Streaks made 11 of 12 on twos.
We started out slow in the first quarter but our pressure was very effective in the second quarter, and outscored Washington 26-7 in the second quarter to take a 51-28 half-time lead. We had trouble consistently scoring in the second half as we were limited to only 32 points in the second half.
Field Goals Attempted (Goal 72) 71
Threes Attempted (Goal 36) 47
O-Reb Pct. (Goal 40%) 40%
Forced Turnovers (Goal 26) 24
Shot Differential (Goal +20) +15
We finish the first half of our season at 10-3 as we head into the Christmas Tourney next week. It has been a great first half to the season. The girls work hard and seem so loyal to each other. It is really fun to work with them and to be part of things.
Tuesday night was not one of our better games. We had trouble maintaining our pressure and fouled a lot. Offensively we were inconsistent in our shooting. But Jessica Howard had one of those unbelievable nights. I have seen some great individual performances-
- Shanell Jackson vs. Sterling in a Sectional at Dixon when she could not miss.
- Molly Watson vs. Rock Island in a Sectional at Moline when she took the team on her back.
- Sarah Larson when she scored 41 vs. Maria.
All of those were great performances. But I have never seen anything like what Jessica did in the first half tonight. But what was most impressive is that I don't ever remember fans from an opposing team standing up and cheering a player like Washington fans were for Jessica. I am glad I was there, very impressive.
And obviously, it is a tribute to her teammates who made the passes and set the screens. I hope we continue on a roll, it is a lot of fun! Right now it seems like every game a different player steps up. Tonight it was Jessica, on Saturday Jessica Lieber had 5 threes, and it goes on & on.

No comments:
Post a Comment