Leadership Thoughts from Jack Nicklaus


Create a positive attitude and believe in yourself. Work as hard as you can with as much
discipline as you can muster.

If you’re playing in a tournament and you have 180 yards with three shots to make par, then youshould have already played those shots in your head hundreds or thousands of time. Don’t just“let it happen.” Make it happen by going through your disciplines in your swing with the
pressure on you.

When I play golf, I visualize what I want to do and how I want to do it. Before playing a shot, I
see the ball in the air and relay it back to my swing so that I can do it.

If I was advising a person in search of his or her sweet spot, I would ask, “Do you like what
you’re trying to do? Would you be willing to spend your life trying to do it? Is it something with
which you can touch another person’s life while doing?”

As a kid, I would mimic the swings of Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, and Ben Hogan. Had I not
imitated the masters, and had the exposure and lessons from them, who knows if I would have
been able to do what I did?

Action Plan:

Find a quiet place to spend 20 minutes before the dawn of your workday. Think ahead to
the most crucial moments in the upcoming day. Then, visualize yourself performing with
excellence in those moments. Try this exercise for a week and see if it’s helpful.

Research the “masters” in your field. What makes them great? What sets them apart from
the crowd? Come up with two or three distinguishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...