Bruce Weber's 10 Tips for Succesful Coaching

I started my coaching career in Chicago, IL as high school coach. While coaching high school I was able to attend Bruce Weber's clinic and work his camps. I have gained a deep respect for him as a coach and more importantly as a person. Here are his 10 Tips for Successful Coaching

1. Make a visual change the team will be excited about.

His 1st year at Illinois he let the players wear orange jersey's. Wasn't done before.

2. Get your best player on your side.


3. Get your team to play each game to WIN...as a team

4. Become a family, bond and build trust.

5. Be willing to make changes based on your players' strengths and weaknesses.

You can't be something you aren't

6. Get them to guard consistently.

7. Use a strength and conditioning program, year round.

8. Work on fundamentals all year round.

9. Make practice competitive.

10. Practice at game speed and intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Basketball Gameseva

600 x 400 px | 286.65 kB  Team Basketball GameSeva: Revolutionizing Sports Entertainment and Engagement In the ever-evolving landscape ...